Smart Cities represent a new way of thinking about urban space by shaping a model that integrates aspects like energy efficiency, sustainable mobility, protection of the environment and economic sustainability. These aspects represent the goals for future software developments. Current cities provide potentially unlimited settings for intelligent agents to display their ability to react, act proactively, interact between themselves, or otherwise plan, learn, etc. in an intelligent, or rather human, manner.
Therefore, the objective of this workshop is to discuss the use of agent technology in the area of Smart Cities with the goal of provide intelligence to the cities. We welcome any paper about experiences on the use of intelligent agents in Smart Cities tackling issues related to smart architectures, urban simulations, intelligent infrastructure, smart transport, open data, … We also intend to address specific methodological and technological issues raised by the real deployment of agents in rich environments such as smart cities.
Topics that could be relevant for the workshop include specially applications, but also theoretical approaches, based on:
- Smart city modeling
- Smart city simulation
- Intelligent infrastructure
- Intelligent Agents for Smart Cities
- Sensors and actuators
- Open data and big data analytics
- Smart health and emergency management
- Smart environments
- Smart education
- Smart health
- Smart mobility and transportation
- Intelligent vehicles
- Smart integrated grids
- Smart traffic system operations
- Smart home and smart buildings
- Smart manufacturing and logistics
Preliminary workshop format and a proposed schedule for organizing the workshop, including desired length for the workshop:
- The session will have a session chair, that will be responsible for managing the session, i.e., introduce the speakers, control the presentation time and manage questions and answers (Q&A).
- Authors enter the session at least 5 minutes before it starts for the session chair to coordinate all details with the speakers before the session starts.
- Authors should make sure that their presentation does not use up all the assigned time slot so that a few minutes will be available for Q&A. Ideally, there should be 15 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- Depending on the number of papers presented, the duration of the workshop could be as follows (6 papers = 120 minutes (20 minutes each paper including presentation and question time).
- Workshop could be hold online way, depending on the restrictions of the conference.
Organizing Committee Chairs
- Vicente Julián- Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain)
- Alberto Fernández - Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spain)
- Adriana Giret, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Alberto Fernandez, University Rey Juan Carlos
- Angelo Costa, University of Minho
- Carlos A. Iglesias, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Carlos Carrascosa, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia
- Holger Billhardt, University Rey Juan Carlos
- Alfonso González-Briones - Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Jaume Jordan, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Javier Palanca, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Roberto Casado Vara, University of Salamanca
- Javier Prieto, University of Salamanca
- Alberto Rivas, University of Salamanca
- Guillermo Hernández, AIR Institute
- Fernando de la Prieta, University of Salamanca
- Juan Manuel Corchado, University of Salamanca
- Jürgen Dunkel, Hannover University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Germany
- Marin Lujak, IMT Lille Douai
- Pablo Chamoso, University of Salamanca
- Paulo Novais, University of Minho
- Radu-Casian Mihailescu, Malmö University, Sweden
- Ramon Hermoso, University of Zaragoza
- Reyhan Aydogan, Ozyegin University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Roberto Centeno, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia
- Sara Rodríguez, University of Salamanca
- Sascha Ossowski, University Rey Juan Carlos
- Vicente Julian, Universitat Politècnica de València
Vicente Julián- Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain)
Telf: +34 96 387 7007 Ext 73583
Fax: +34 96 387 7359